Welcome to the Warwick Rowers Forum. Please note that customer support enquiries, for example regarding individual orders, should be submitted here

gcas
Hi, I'm confused by the description on the 2019 subscription. Does it also include the videos that were offered in the 2018 subscription? If so, will they be available immediately along with the gradual release of the 2019 videos throughout next year?

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Jarod
I doubt it. The Director's Cut subscription is a separate thing and if you want it you'll need to purchase it. The 2019 subscription will provide a new film each month that provides footage of the 2019 calendar shoot.
Quote 0 0
Pammy
it's different, every month send to you a video of 20 minute of the making off of the year 2019, because for the 2019 we dont have the single films England or Spain.
Quote 0 0
Bill in Florida
 As I have written before, I am extremely disappointed in this. It is more than twice as expensive as the combined cost of the 2018 England and Spain "Making Of" films.  I have purchased these films every year starting with the 2012 ones.  I feel like you are turning your backs on your long-time loyal supporters like me.  Could you possibly offer some film package that would be comparable in cost to the "Making Of" films?   
Quote 2 0
gcas

I agree. It's far too pricey! I purchased all the films 2014-2018, but the new pricing model, doesn't really make sense to me. It's not really a subscription even. More like an "all or nothing" pre-order model.

A monthly subscription would be £7.5/month with access to all available downloads (cancel whenever) with the expectation that new videos will be produced regularly indefinitely. 

What is offered is a set-price paid fully in advance for a fixed number of releases rolled out gradually. More like a pre-order model than a digital subscription model. And where previously you could select which and how many films you'd like to purchase, it's now simply all or nothing. 

It may be too late for the WR production team to rethink this release, but I personally think that (like the 2018 director's cut release) I'm getting priced out of this one! :/

I think a good way to keep exiting fans purchasing this new release without upsetting those who may have already pre-ordered it is to perhaps include previous downloads. Essentially making it a prepaid yearly subscription to the site rather than just the 2019 shoot.

Like 'Bill in Florida' said: Very disappointing...

Quote 1 0
Bill in Florida
I am glad that someone agrees with me.  It seems to me that the Warwick Rowers' success has gone to their heads.
Quote 1 0
Bill in Florida
I would like to add that I hope that I am wrong and that they are able to raise a lot of money for Sport Allies - which seems like a worthwhile cause - through their subscription and other sales.
Quote 0 0
Jarod
Everyone needs to remember that these lads don't have to do what they're doing. At all. They also don't have to do full frontal nudity. The reason they do it is not to satisfy some people's sense of entitlement to see these lads naked, but to raise money for a very important charity. Yes, the products are expensive and not everyone can afford them. I consider myself extremely lucky in that regard. Were I not so lucky, I would be grateful for whatever I could afford and would not start demanding that products be produced that suit my budget.
Alot of the posts to this forum have been complaints of one type or another. How about we all just be grateful that these young men have chosen to produce a calendar, let alone the photo sets, books and films.
Growing up gay was not a pleasant experience for me, as I'm sure it wasn't for a lot of other men who are both older and younger than me. Sport Allies is trying to do something about that for LGBTI people. Rather than getting angry about what we're not getting from the Warwick Rowers, how about we all just contribute what we can and be grateful that someone that I wish was around when I was young, is around today.
Quote 3 0
Pammy
money, moneys, sorry mates if you want quality is need pay it, warwicks  is the best great production male beauty  in the world (now the greeks come thrue too), the production is very expensive but the quality is unique, If you want watch all free go in other directions
Quote 0 0
gcas
Jarrod, "sense of entitlement"? Seriously dude?!
No, none of the lads have to do what they do, and none of us have to pay for what's on offer.

"how about we all just contribute what we can" - That's exactly the point I was trying to make!
The previous model allowed you to contribute what you could (England film, Spain film, both, director's cut etc). The new model is all or nothing and prices out anyone that would be happy to make a smaller contribution to the cause. 

Pammy, nobody is disputing the production quality, and who said anything about watching anything for free. Both Bill and I said that we have purchased every release up till now. So we have gladly paid for the production, the lads and the cause. It's great that you're defending the rowers, but don't twist what we're saying here please.

If I was in the WR production/business/fundraising team, I would be interested to know that my customers/funders are voicing that they are being priced out at the implementation of a drastically different business model and price point. Especially when those concerns were voiced rather respectfully!

Quote 1 0
Bill in Florida
Thank you gcas.  I agree with you 100%.  The film purchasing options are being severely limited and are quite expensive.  They are too expensive for my life circumstances.
Quote 1 0
Angus_wr
Hello, Everyone

Just like iTunes and Amazon Prime, we plan to make monthly updates of both images and video available for individual purchase.

This way, people can spread their purchases over a year if they prefer, and can also wait to see reviews for individual releases before buying. 

The price in will be £9.99 or equivalent in EUR/USD for each individual episode. The episodes will only be available for purchase once they have been released, which is why we have not included these options in the shop yet.

As with magazines, this offers a considerable saving to annual subscribers while allowing others the option of an occasional purchase off the newsstand. 

Quote 1 0
Pammy
Angus_wr wrote:
Hello, Everyone

Just like iTunes and Amazon Prime, we plan to make monthly updates of both images and video available for individual purchase.

This way, people can spread their purchases over a year if they prefer, and can also wait to see reviews for individual releases before buying. 

The price in will be £9.99 or equivalent in EUR/USD for each individual episode. The episodes will only be available for purchase once they have been released, which is why we have not included these options in the shop yet.

As with magazines, this offers a considerable saving to annual subscribers while allowing others the option of an occasional purchase off the newsstand. 

the individual purchase, the videos and the picture are the same avaiable in the annuals subscrission or are Others?
Quote 1 0
Angus_wr
Pammy wrote:
the individual purchase, the videos and the picture are the same avaiable in the annuals subscrission or are Others?

These will be exactly the same monthly releases that subscribers get.  There will be 12 monthly video releases and 12 monthly image releases - 24 separate releases, starting from the beginning of January.

We will also make the longer, introductory WR19 film available as a separate purchase - we have not yet determined the individual price, but this is also included in the annual subscription.
Quote 1 0
Pammy
ah dankeshe.
Quote 0 0

By posting on this forum you agree to our Forum Rules, Terms & Conditions as agreed at sign up.