Welcome to the Warwick Rowers Forum. Please note that customer support enquiries, for example regarding individual orders, should be submitted here

GodneySpears
As a supporter of the calendar since 2013, I think the bonus films are my favorite products. It was replaced with the director's cut subscription for WR18, but I found that they were not as good as the bonus films in the past year. The bonus films allow us to have closer looks of the rowers, but the new videos are not on the same level, if not more distant.
Quote 4 0
Jan-Patrick
I would disagree that the directors cut is not as good as the bonus films, at least not regarding the content. It's just not one long movie, but multiple parts...

I'm not yet sure, if I like the subscription better or not. On the one hand, you get the whole year something. But what I feel as annoying is that you don't know WHEN there is new content available! A short email notification would be appreciated ...

JP
Quote 1 0
Angus_wr
Thanks for the feedback, guys!  

We decided to stop producing the bonus films because we don't really hold back in the main content now.  The Director's Cut is an opportunity to enjoy a more leisurely stroll through our shoots, and we thought people might enjoy that opportunity.

Director's Cut has been pretty popular, so we plan to give people more extended sequences like these. 

Happy to hear other comments and suggestions
Quote 1 0
rp
I definitely like the module of the subscription format, but agree the content of the WR18 Director's Cuts haven't been to the same standard as previous year's Bonus Films. Would have been preferable IMO to use the format to showcase extended footage of the WR18 shoot instead of offcuts from 16 and 17 since they already had Bonus Films filled with great footage. But it sound's like WR19 Film Subscription is marrying that idea and delivering about 4 hours of footage from the new year's shoots over the year? Which sounds fantastic.
Quote 1 0
Jarod
I have to say that I enjoy the new director's cut subscription. Twelve 15 minute videos are better than one much shorter movie. I think it's terrific to see how Angus and the lads actually conduct the shoots. It's also nice to see a bit more of the personalities of some of the lads too. The England and Spain films and the bonus films of past years tended to have their 'stars', so it's great in the director's cuts to have the focus on some of guys that did not get that much attention in the films. What the monthly films are also showing us is that the shoots are not all fun and glamour. Seeing the guys having to be naked in sometimes unfavourable weather and the time and effort it sometimes takes to get that one special shot make me appreciate the calendar and other products even more.
Quote 2 0
bejjinks
Is it just me or are all the director's cuts censored? Were the old bonus films censored?
Quote 0 0
Angus_wr
Haha, the Director’s Cut is DEFINITELY not censored!! 

You are thinking of the free monthly video updates that we provided this year for calendar buyers. These were pixelated because calendar buyers are not necessarily aware that some of our content contains frontal nudity. 
Quote 0 0
Jarod
The director's cuts are definitely not censored, in fact you get to see more of the guys because there is more time to focus on just a few of the guys than there is in just one bonus film. The films also tended to focus on the 'stars' like Tristan, Lucas, Will etc. The latest director's cut gave us lots of Clym (I think) and the previous one focussed on Jacob and Cameron. I, for one, can never get too much Jacob.
Quote 1 0
clintonkp
I just followed the warwick rowers last year and subscribed to the director's cut subscription. The content is interesting! Are there any ways we can purchase the bonus films mentioned?
Quote 0 0
Rob
As a full supporter for a couple of the years, purchasing the full "hamper/bummper" as you call it. I was disappointed last year to be asked to pay another 99 pounds to receive the monthly subscription for the behind the scenes videos rather than including the bonus footage film as in the past. That change from previous years was not well explained on the crowdfunding time of purchase last year and it was definitely less than what we had received previously.  That was a huge disappointment from last year.  I wrote an e-mail about it but never received a response.  Debating on taking that chance again by purchasing what I assume would be "all content" and being disappointed again.
Quote 0 0
Jarod
The director's cut subscription was not 99 pounds. The full price, according my order confirmation, was 75 pounds and existing subscribers received a 20% discount if they ordered the subscription by 7 May, which I did. There was a discount code to use in the email that I received about the new product. The WR18 luxury hamper, while not including a bonus film that such as was included in WR17, did include the photo subscription which has provided far more images than before. The WR18 luxury hamper was less than what I paid for the films and images, plus the book, for WR17. For WR18 the cost was US$366 whereas for WR17 it was US$420. The WR17 bonus film has a running time of just over an hour, whereas the monthly director's cut films so far have a running time totalling 110 minutes and that does not include October, with November and December still to come. And given that you are getting photographs and videos of some very beautiful young men completely naked, with your money going to a very good cause, I think it's all very fairly and reasonably priced.
Quote 1 0
Angus_wr
clintonkp wrote:
I just followed the warwick rowers last year and subscribed to the director's cut subscription. The content is interesting! Are there any ways we can purchase the bonus films mentioned?

The bonus films are still available as add-ons with limited edition products from the relevant years.
Quote 1 0
bejjinks
Angus_wr wrote:

The bonus films are still available as add-ons with limited edition products from the relevant years.

As far as I can tell, only 2018 and 2019 are available. Are there any bonus films available from previous years. Similarly, the guys used to make journals or make their own little videos while out and about. Are any of those still available?
Quote 0 0
Angus_wr
I think the 2014 and 2015 bonus films are available with the art prints from those years, and the 2016 and 2017 films are available with the limited edition books that we produced then.  We have the books in stock, and can easily produce more art prints within the editions.  I'm very proud of all these products, and believe that supporters will enjoy them.
Quote 0 0
Jarod
I have both prints, though the one from 2015, the team on the dock being showered with water from a fire hose, is my favourite. Such beautiful bottoms. Purchasing those prints was how I got the bonus films for those years.
Quote 1 0

By posting on this forum you agree to our Forum Rules, Terms & Conditions as agreed at sign up.