Welcome to the Warwick Rowers Forum. Please note that customer support enquiries, for example regarding individual orders, should be submitted here

Ksullim7
Having supported the Warwick rowers for the last five years (either through calendar or film purchases), I joined this forum because I thought it might contain discussions regarding the team itself and the work they do to help promote inclusion in sports for all individuals regardless of gender and sexuality.  What I was not expecting (although perhaps I should have) were all of the comments on manscaping, tattoos, circumcision, and whether or not people are showing their penises.

What we should remember is that the majority of these young men (mostly straight young men) who appear in the calendar (and films) are doing it to financially support their team, and, equally important, to promote an idea of inclusion for young gay men to feel comfortable competing in sports.  These young men who are both athletes and students at a university are not models.  Also, these young men are taking off their clothes to support a worthy cause and that, I would think, would be far more interesting of a discussion than whether or not someone shows his penis or whether or not he manscapes.

We gay men are often accused of being too materialistic or too frivolous, but with discussions like these is it any wonder people still hold these stereotypes?  If you want to have discussions on any of the above-mentioned topics, then create a separate form or thread where you can discuss these topics to your heart's content.  Obviously, since I buy the calendar, I appreciate male nudity, but I don't have to see someone's penis to appreciate beauty, nor to appreciate what these young men are doing to support a cause which will help young gay men feel that they are a part of something.  That's far more important to me than whether or not a penis is in the picture.
Quote 4 0
Pammy
this is a forum of fantasy or dreaming, not really thrue is the reality, i think if a people want to talk about an argoument is all free, if some are not interest leave, and go in another topics. If some want to talk about gay rights, gay marriage, news, eurovision song contest, beauty pageant or other theme interesting for gay fans of Warwick we can make it.
Quote 0 1
Ksullim7
I'm sorry, but I disagree.  This is not a forum for fantasy or dreaming (there are plenty of those out there) - it is a forum for supporters of a group of young men who created something to support their club and then to also give back to the gay community (something rarely seen in sports).  Perhaps Angus or one of the administrators can create a separate entry entitled "Fantasy" or whatever you want to call it and then people can choose to a be a part of that thread.  The difficulty is that my inbox is often inundated with responses to threads in which I have no interest and which have little to do with the club and the things that they achieve or hope to achieve.  Instead, the majority of these threads are regarding particular fantasies some have.  I am not knocking anyone's fantasies - have any fantasy you want, but as a supporter of the club, I should not be forced to leave a forum because I do not like the direction it takes.  Hopefully, the administrators can turn it into a forum which will address everyone's particular needs or wants.
Quote 2 0
Dynax28K
Crumbs, this is the first and probably the last time I shall go on a Social Medial Forum - some people really don't like debate.  I agree with Pammy.

I have been a firm supporter of the Warwick Rower for donkey years, graduated from Warwick and have not worn a swimming apparel on a beach since around 2000.  I love the way the Warwick Rowers used to stand for being " Au Natural " and being free to be who you want and let it all hang out - excuse any puns.

If Robbie has an issue with being seen naked, then perhaps the Warwick Rowers' Calender is not the vehicle for him.  Cover up by all means that is his right and choice.  But the hand covering to me implies naked shame and surely that starts to under mine the Warwick Rowers message.

Quote 0 0
Ricky
I agree to an extent I thought the forum was going to be different. That said it is great it's dealing with a number of topics not just the rowers themselves which is surely what the overall project is all about
Quote 1 0
PVogt
To Angus and the Rowers- 
So we have a discussion here about this forum and the many different directions it is going. So YOU tell us ... is that what you had in mind , to be a free discussion  (and by one person in particular , some cocky arrogance) of subjects that loosely tie to seeing male nudity OR.... is this getting  out of hand and going into directions  you didn't envision? I personally would really like your thoughts.  
Quote 1 0
Johannes Swagers

Hello all,

I support/endorse the question of PVogt.. In one of my earlier posts, I raised the question what this forum was about. Without  having received a clear answer, I stated in a later post what I thought / assumed the intention of this forum was. Many others who contributed to this forum did something similar before stating their opinion on a specific topic of a particular thread. Apparently there is a certain degree of unclarity about the purpose(s) this forum serves.

Asking people to contribute only within the boundaries of the general purpose of this forum is not limiting these people’s freedom of expression in my view, although I was accused of just that by another forum member back then. A recent contribution in the thread circumcision, explaining the fine techniques of the noble art of fellatio would be considered by me as something outside of these boundaries. On the other hand, the Warwick Rowers are men in their early to mid-twenties and may find information on this particular topic extremely useful in order to share with their girlfriends / boyfriends and want to learn all about this on THEIR forum. If so, so be it. It is not my forum, but I do like to be informed in general terms about what I may get to read in the contributions of other members.The forum is not like Pandora’s Box (yet), but the variety in topics does shows similarities with an oil spill in water: ever expanding and diluting.

To wrap things up: A clear explanation on this site of the intentions why this forum was set up by the Warwick Rowers and some guidance for its use would be beneficial for a better understanding and manage expectations of both contributors and readers. I do not see any need though for WR to police future posts.

Quote 2 0
Angus_wr
I want this forum to be an organic opportunity to discuss a range of topics that relate to the Warwick Rowers project, its intentions, its achievements and its effects.  

The Warwick Rowers project is about male nudity, male intimacy, male mental health and a range of related topics.  As topics emerge, we can sift them into separate conversations.
Quote 0 0
PVogt
So Angus, one of the topics that has caused some disagreement recently was Circumcision. Please read through the responses in that topic and let us know what you and the boys think. Appropriate topic or inappropriate?
Quote 1 0
Angus_wr
I don't want to censor conversation on here.  If we think something is inappropriate, we will remove it.  If you think something is inappropriate, please message me directly, explaining your concerns.

Thanks.
Quote 1 0

By posting on this forum you agree to our Forum Rules, Terms & Conditions as agreed at sign up.