Welcome to the Warwick Rowers Forum. Please note that customer support enquiries, for example regarding individual orders, should be submitted here

raven35
My order of the book w/calendar for WR19 updated to shipped, but I only received the calendar. Is there a different shipment timeline for the book? 
Quote 1 0
Jarod
I don't think anything has yet been shipped to me. The WR18 calendar and book were shipped 8 December last year so it seems there's a hold up this year. With a week to Christmas I am now not expecting anything to arrive until after Christmas and possibly even after New Year given that it has to come all the way to Australia and there are usually delays at this time of year. Disappointing.
Quote 0 0
Angus_wr
Hi, Raven.  Yes, books are being shipped separately to ensure that everything arrives in the best condition.  We have also taken the extra precaution this year of having all books individually bubble-wrapped before shipping.

I know that our warehouse has begun shipping books, and I have asked our customer support team for an update on this.  Meanwhile, it is my understanding that all deliveries should reach customers by Christmas. 
Quote 1 1
rp

Angus_wr wrote:
Hi, Raven.  Yes, books are being shipped separately to ensure that everything arrives in the best condition.  We have also taken the extra precaution this year of having all books individually bubble-wrapped before shipping.

I know that our warehouse has begun shipping books, and I have asked our customer support team for an update on this.  Meanwhile, it is my understanding that all deliveries should reach customers by Christmas. 

I figured this would have been the case when I received my calendar last week without the book. The frustrating part is dealing with your warehouse/distribution contractor's customer support. I contacted them asking to be provided with my tracking number for the book since, according to the order status, it was dispatched via Worldwide Zone 2 Tracked on 22/11/18 and is still unreceived (which in 2018 is worrying that a tracked delivery could take a month to simply travel from UK to Aust when most other orders I make are received within a week max) . But despite being told by Claire, who replied, "I am looking into this for you. I will come straight back to you.", I've had no further update in over 3 days? 

While I still have faith this will be delivered before Xmas if you are advising so, I still feel that if the customer has paid for "TRACKED" shipping per the shipping options, a tracking number should be automatically provided to the customer upon each dispatch, as is commonplace amongst literally every other vendor. 

Obviously, I understand this isn't your transgression, Angus. Just voicing concerns about the customer experiences to consider for next year's delivery process, as a similar incident previously occurred for me in 2016/17 with the WR17 book, only that was never received and a new copy had to be redispatched which was then not finally delivered until the new year. Which for a $400AUD+ SKU just seems like an exorbitant occurrence of shrinkage that could have been curbed by having provided the relevant tracking information from the delivery company initially...

Quote 3 0
Jarod
I just checked my order history and it is not showing as shipped. Given that rp is also in Australia and his book was apparently shipped almost 4 weeks ago and has still not arrived it looks like I will not be receiving anything until at least mid to late January. His calendar arrived a week ago but there is still no sign of mine and I assume it has not been sent yet. I have also paid for tracked shipping and expect to receive an email notifying me of the tracking number when my calendar and book are finally shipped. Like rp I also had to be sent a second calendar and book in 2017 as the original shipment failed to arrive. Australia Post, sadly, have an appalling reputation and so tracking is vital.
Quote 0 0
teacher56hr
I am in Europe but haven't received anything yet, neither calendar nor book. Should I start worrying?
Quote 0 0
rp
It's been a week now since the customer service member Claire said she would "come straight back to me" with tracking details of my book delivery, but two followup emails through the week and still no response whatsoever... There are only 2 more business days to go until Xmas and I still don't even have a tracking number... Very disappointing customer service experience.
Quote 1 0
Ricky
No sign of my book either although I have recieved the calendar, thank you. I do hope the book arrives before Christmas as it is a present for someone. This is not the first time this has happened either and I am finding the lack of information very frustrating, especially as I placed the pre-order in October. Not good considering the price we pay.  Over the years I have supported this project to the tune of hundreds of pounds as I think they do tremendous work and it's such a great cause. Customer service and poor deliveryndoes let them down though and I will seriously have to consider whether I support the project in future years. 
Quote 2 0
Ricky
Further to yesterday's post I'm please to say book has arrived, thank you. Book was not individually wrapped in bubble wrap as per Angus's post so not sure what that's all about! Whilst I know it's not Warwick rowers fault I get a text late morning telling me parcel will be delivered between 4pm and 6pm today, no pre warning until today. Had no choice therefore but to take leave this afternoon as a result, which didn't go down well at work in view of the short notice.  At 3:30pm and before due delivery time and whilst at home I get a message saying parcel delivered to neighbour as no reply at my house. I was here and doorbell never rung. Definitely need a better way and tracking information for future years please as it's silly at present to go though this stress. 
Quote 1 0
Angus_wr
I am sorry to hear about how you got messed around by the courier, Ricky.  I believe tracking notifications have now been sorted out, though I am sorry that this did not happen in time to help you.

I am particularly disappointed to hear that your book was not bubble wrapped.  This was arranged weeks ago as part of the specification for shipping, and it is something we have paid for.  I was told by senior managers at the fulfilment company that it had been done.  I have asked them for an explanation.

I would be grateful if people who receive books could let me know if they were bubble wrapped.

Quote 1 0
rp

Angus_wr wrote:
I believe tracking notifications have now been sorted out, though I am sorry that this did not happen in time to help you.

This is not the case for me! After a week since being advised by customer care rep Claire last Friday she would "come straight back to me" with tracking details, and three followup emails over the space of the past week, I finally got a reply within minutes of sending my third followup: "I am sorry, it doesn't appear you have received my response? Your book will be with you in the next 1-2 working days. Kind regards". However, when I replied immediately with my followup requesting the tracking number: "Can you provide the tracking number so I can follow it's progress? I have paid for Worldwide Zone 2 Tracked shipping, according to the website. Without this info, I have very little faith in it being delivered in this time...." I was ghosted again and 24 further hours have elapsed since then with still no response for my simple enquiry. This feels like avoidance! Why can't a tracking number be supplied, if I have supposedly paid for it? If the shipping isn't trackable then WHAT did I pay an additional £20 for?

As it stands I am now about to leave this morning for a three week holiday with one business day left before Xmas, so whenever this delivery supposedly occurs its will now wait in Aust Post for collection before default returning to sender as I won't be able to collect it within the allocated 10 days. And without any provided tracking info, I will have no means of seeing when the item was finally attempted delivered and to what post office it was sent for collection, so I cannot even attempt to arrange for a housemate to collect it on my behalf in the meantime. I understand that it may still technically be delivered before Xmas, if it miraculously shows today or Monday, but when I placed a pre-order back in OCTOBER with the advertisement that books would be received before Xmas, I did not assume you would be cutting it so fine at such a busy time of year when shipping delays are known to occur regularly. Furthermore, if what the website states is true in my Account info, if this item WAS in fact shipped on 22 Nov, I am blown away that a) tracking information cannot be readily provided within a full month since dispatch and b) that in 2018 a delivery from to UK to Aust could take over a month for delivery when other vendors who offer complimentary int'l shipping have regularly delivered items to me within the space of a weekend, with a Friday order placement being received by the Monday! 

Just a really poor customer service experience all around, after five years of loyally supporting the project and pre-purchasing all book, film and image content available annually...

Quote 1 0
Jarod
I still haven't even received the calendar, let alone the book. No shipping notification, which we were told we would receive, so no idea what's going on. I assume that you are not using the same fulfillment company that you used last year. You should have stuck with them as they did a competent job. I assume that the company that you went with this year was cheaper. Well, you know the old saying about what you get when you pay peanuts. I suppose my purchases may be delivered today or on Monday, but seeing as it appears that they haven't even been shipped yet, this is highly unlikely. 
Quote 0 0
Jarod
I just checked my account and it now shows that my order was shipped on 20 December. That was updated overnight as it wasn't showing yesterday. I also don't know whether that applies to the calendar, the book or both. I also don't know whether that date is accurate or whether someone at the fulfillment company finally pulled their finger out and updated my account but just used the current date rather than the actual shipping date. I have not received an email notifying me that anything has been shipped, so no tracking number. Seeing as the fulfillment company's customer support seem to be giving rp the runaround, maybe they're doing the same to you when they told you that tracking notifications had been sorted out to avoid the embarrassing admission that there has been a complete cock-up and they were just not up to the task.
I am also wondering why, when we were repeatedly told that we would receive our calendars and books by Christmas, mine were apparently not shipped until 20 December. Given that I purchased the luxury hamper, at a cost of more than A$600, during the crowd-funder period back in September, I would have expected that mine would have been among the first shipped, not the last. rp has stated that his account shows that something was shipped to him on 22 November and he also states that he placed his order in October. So someone who placed their order a month after I did has their items shipped a month before mine are? That's appalling.
I think everyone is entitled to a thorough explanation of what went wrong, because something has gone horribly wrong, and also a formal written apology from whoever is in charge at the fulfillment company if the fault lies with them. A refund of our shipping charges is also in order if we were not given the service that we paid for.
Quote 0 0
bejjinks
I got a notification from "low fat media". It took me a bit to figure out what that was. Hopefully, I can track it.
Quote 0 0
Jarod
bejjinks wrote:
I got a notification from "low fat media". It took me a bit to figure out what that was. Hopefully, I can track it.

You seem to be one of the lucky few.
Quote 0 0

By posting on this forum you agree to our Forum Rules, Terms & Conditions as agreed at sign up.