Welcome to the Warwick Rowers Forum. Please note that customer support enquiries, for example regarding individual orders, should be submitted here

Amir

Hi, I'm Amir, I'm one of the rowers (now on my second calendar!) and I want to welcome you all to our brand new forum on behalf of everyone at Warwick Rowers.

Spending time naked together had created a bond between all of us that we find hard to explain, but which is common to pretty much every rower who has ever taken part in the calendar. 

We feel more connected to each other, at a level of intimacy that is physical without necessarily being sexual.  It has created a sense of freedom within each of as well as between us, and it took the calendar to get us there.

We want to break down barriers, both in sport and in society as a whole.  We have seen how removing the barrier of clothes has brought us closer together as friends and as a team, and we hope that we can make a difference by communicating our experience through our calendars, our books and our new film and image subscriptions.

We hope you will join us in a productive conversation about how we can all work together for change - and have fun while we’re doing it!
Quote 6 0
GodneySpears
Thank you so much for doing this!! This is a really meaningful project.
Is the campaign launching today? I'm so excited!
Quote 1 0
Angus_wr
Hi, Godney.  Thank you for your kind words and your support!  Yes, we hope to go live today with our 10th anniversary crowdfunder!  
Quote 0 0
kevinhikes
Hello Gentlemen,

Thank you so very much for the efforts you have put in to WR and your campaign against homophobia. I'm a middle aged, closeted (mostly) male who always has been scared to death to come out to anyone. It's fantastic that you have made such a safe, affirming place for the LGBTQ community. 
  My question is this, Amir has mentioned about the comfort of being nude with others and the freedom it provides to ones self. I was wondering if any of you ever go to any nudist resorts or beaches in your off time or if you're a home nudist. etc. I wish you all the best, and sorry I couldn't see you in NYC the end of September but job obligations didn't allow me to come. Hopefully one day we can meet in person! Peace to you all! Kevin
Quote 2 0
Rugby8 Philadelphia
Amir -
I think what you guys are doing is Great! (And certainly fun for us 😄)
But, seriously, I think it's so awesome that you guys are just being "guys"....no worry, or concern about stuff (if that makes any sense)
I'm a 60 year old guy who's been with the same man for 37+ years. I came out in the 1970s, and seeing how far things have some is so awesome
Thanks for what you are doing
Quote 3 0
justMe
Forth post - and again a "Thank You" for your outstanding work and contribution to this cause.
While it is sad to read LGBT members like kevinhikes are  still  "scared to death" to come out, it is encouraging to see (presumably) mostly straight rowers are fearless  to somehow expose themselves to the kind of hatred kevin is so afraid of.

Rowers, your efforts are highly appreciated!
Quote 0 0
DonQuixote978
Amir,
Thanks for stopping by to greet us, and thanks for the work you and your team mates do/have done over the years for Warwick Rowing and Sport Allies.  I thoroughly enjoy the interaction of you guys and also the evolution of your psyches as each of you goes from the incoming NewBie - we can see the looks of "Am I REALLY doing this?!" to the much more relaxed, in tune, this is great fun, what was I ever worried about looks we see on your faces by the ends of the shoots.

Keep up the great work!
-Tom aka "DQ"
Quote 0 0

By posting on this forum you agree to our Forum Rules, Terms & Conditions as agreed at sign up.